‘Will speak only through Facebook Live’: Assam CM Himanta Sarma on Zubeen Garg case; wants to avoid ‘miscommunication’ | India News


'Will speak only through Facebook Live': Assam CM Himanta Sarma on Zubeen Garg case; wants to avoid 'miscommunication'
Himanta Biswa Sarma; Zubeen Garg (File photos)

NEW DELHI: Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday announced that he will provide all future updates on the Zubeen Garg case and make all statements regarding the singer’s death only through Facebook Live to prevent “miscommunication.The Assamese cultural icon, 52-year-old Zubeen Garg, passed away on September 19 in Singapore, where he had travelled to participate in the North East India Festival. In response, the Assam government has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate his death and, separately, appointed a one-member judicial commission on Friday to examine the “facts and circumstances” surrounding his demise.“When I address the press, selected portions are often cut and taken. It may create unnecessary tension among the public,” Sarma told reporters. “If there is anything to be said regarding Garg’s death and investigation, I will say it only on Facebook Live. In the complex environment of the state, communication with the public should also be direct.”The CM assured that he would address all questions from journalists, but responses will be given only on the social media platform, allowing the public to see an “unedited” version.Garg died under mysterious circumstances while swimming in Singapore. The Assam Police CID, which is probing the case, has so far arrested his manager Siddharth Sharma, festival organiser Shyamkanu Mahanta, and two members of Garg’s band—Shekhar Jyoti Goswami and Amrit Prabha Mahanta.In a shocking allegation, Goswami claimed that Sharma and Shyamkanu Mahanta had “poisoned” Garg in Singapore.More than 60 FIRs have been filed across Assam against nearly 10 people, including the festival organiser, manager, and the two band members, and others.





Source link

  • Related Posts

    India adds record 52.5 GW in first 10 months of FY26 | India News

    NEW DELHI: Govt on Sunday said India added a record power generation capacity of 52,537 megawatts (52.5 GW) from all energy sources in the first 10 months of the 2025-26…

    Gujarat, Maharashtra, UP lead rooftop solar figures | India News

    NEW DELHI: Gujarat, Maharashtra and UP have emerged as frontrunners in rooftop solar installations, even as over 23 lakh rooftop solar systems (RTS) were installed across the country in the…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    en_USEnglish