‘No American forces harmed’: US strikes 4 ‘drug-smuggling’ boats in Pacific; 14 killed


'No American forces harmed': US strikes 4 'drug-smuggling' boats in Pacific; 14 killed

The US military struck four alleged “narco-terrorists” boats in the eastern Pacific Ocean, killing 14 and leaving one survivor, defense secretary Pete Hegseth announced on Tuesday.“Eight male narco-terrorists were aboard the vessels during the first strike. Four male narco-terrorists were aboard the vessel during the second strike. Three male narco-terrorists were aboard the vessel during the third strike. A total of 14 narco-terrorists were killed during the three strikes, with one survivor. All strikes were in international waters with no US forces harmed,” Hegseth said in a post on X , adding that the strikes took place a day earlier.“The four vessels were known by our intelligence apparatus, transiting along known narco-trafficking routes, and carrying narcotics,” he added.Video released by the Pentagon showed precision strikes hitting two stationary boats moored together and two others speeding across open water.Hegseth further said the US Southern Command “immediately” began searching for the sole survivor of the strikes, and that Mexican authorities “accepted the case and assumed responsibility for coordinating the rescue.” However, he did not confirm whether the survivor had been found.“These narco-terrorists have killed more Americans than Al-Qaeda, and they will be treated the same. We will track them, we will network them, and then, we will hunt and kill them,” Hegseth declared, underscoring Washington’s hardline stance against drug traffickers.The operation, part of Washington’s ongoing anti-narcotics campaign, has now brought the total death toll to at least 57 since early September, AFP reported.The US has significantly expanded its military presence in Latin America as part of the campaign, deploying seven Navy warships, F-35 stealth jets, and the USS Gerald R. Ford carrier strike group.The strikes have heightened regional tensions, with Venezuela accusing Washington of plotting to overthrow President Nicolás Maduro. Maduro, in turn, has accused the US of “fabricating a war” under the pretext of counter-narcotics operations.





Source link

  • Related Posts

    ‘The regime has to go’: Rubio in secret talks with Cuba’s Raul Guillermo Rodriguez, grandson of Castro

    Secretary of State Marco Rubio held secret talks with Raul Guillermo Rodriguez Castro, the grandson and caretaker of Cuba’s de facto leader Raul Castro, regarding the future as the US…

    Les Wexner faces closed-door deposition over Epstein ties as new DOJ files emerge

    Les Wexner’s long-time friendship with Jeffrey Epstein was set to be the subject of a closed-door congressional deposition in Ohio on Wednesday, where the billionaire retail magnate was expected to…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    en_USEnglish