‘My son died due to someone’s fun reel’: As Dwarka crash accused teen gets bail, single mother seeks justice | Delhi News


‘My son died due to someone’s fun reel’: As Dwarka crash accused teen gets bail, single mother seeks justice
A grieving mother alleges her son’s fatal road crash was due to a minor’s reckless stunt driving for social media reels

NEW DELHI: Grief-stricken and resolute, Inna Makan, mother of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra who died in a road crash in Dwarka earlier this month, has alleged that her son’s death was the result of “reckless stunt driving for social media reels” and demanded strict action against those responsible. Speaking to news agency ANI, Makan claimed that on the morning of Feb 3, Sahil was heading to work when an SUV allegedly driven by a minor veered into the opposite lane at high speed near Lal Bahadur Shastri College. “My son was going to the office. The Scorpio driver, along with his sister, was out making fun reels. The speed is clearly visible in the video,” she said. According to her, the SUV performed a stunt near a bus before colliding with Sahil’s motorcycle. “There was an e-rickshaw on one side. The Scorpio rammed into my son’s bike, then hit a parked car. They didn’t even apply brakes,” she alleged. A taxi driver was also seriously injured in the multi-vehicle collision. Calling the incident “criminal activity,” Makan said, “This is not just an accident. My son died due to their fun reel. Some people think they can do anything on the road because their parents are wealthy.” She further alleged that the minor had multiple prior overspeeding challans and was driving without a licence. “Despite repeated fines, his father did not stop him. No action has been taken against the vehicle owner yet,” she said.

Police investigation

Delhi Police said an FIR was registered at Delhi Police’s Dwarka South police station under relevant sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita after a PCR call was received around 11.57am reporting a serious crash. “Three vehicles were found in accidental condition. The motorcycle rider, Sahil Dhaneshra (23), was declared dead at the scene,” an officer said. The injured taxi driver was shifted to IGI Hospital, and his statement has been recorded. Final medical opinion is awaited. Police confirmed that the SUV driver was a minor and did not possess a driving licence. He was apprehended at the spot, produced before the Juvenile Justice Board, and sent to an observation home. On Feb 10, the JJB granted the juvenile interim bail on the grounds of his Class X board examinations. Police said all vehicles involved have been seized and mechanically inspected, and CCTV footage has been collected. Further investigation is underway.

A mother’s loss

At her Dwarka home, reminders of Sahil’s aspirations remain untouched — medals on the walls and handwritten motivational quotes. Sahil, in the final semester of his BBA course, had secured admission to a university in Manchester and was preparing to leave for the UK later this year. Raised by Makan as a single parent amid financial hardship, Sahil managed his university applications independently and had taken up a part-time job to support his education. Since the crash, Makan has turned to social media to press for accountability. An online petition on an Instagram page titled “Justice for Sahil” has gathered thousands of signatures. “I will keep posting till I get an answer as to why action can’t be taken against someone who was not supposed to drive in the first place,” she said. Her petition seeks strict legal action against the minor driver, accountability of the vehicle owner, and stronger enforcement of traffic laws to prevent similar tragedies.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Mohali schools receive bomb threat mails, Fortis Hospital also mentioned where CM Bhagwant Mann is hospitalised | Chandigarh News

    Bomb threat email targeting Fortis Hospital Mohali and nearby schools. MOHALI: A bomb threat was received in the morning via email on Tuesday to blow up Fortis Hospital Mohali and…

    Navjot Kaur Sidhu targets Rahul Gandhi; flags issues in Punjab Congress: ‘You don’t deserve that chair’ | Coimbatore News

    COIMBATORE: Former Congress leader Navjot Kaur Sidhu has launched a sharp attack on Rahul Gandhi, accusing the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha of being “disconnected from ground realities”…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    en_USEnglish