Ambulance stuck in traffic jam as youths cut cake, burst crackers on highway for birthday bash | Raipur News


Ambulance stuck in traffic jam as youths cut cake, burst crackers on highway for birthday bash
A group of youths allegedly brought traffic to a standstill on the Ambikapur–Banaras Chhattisgarh state highway in Surguja district to celebrate a birthday

RAIPUR: A group of youths allegedly brought traffic to a standstill on the Ambikapur–Banaras Chhattisgarh state highway in Surguja district to celebrate a birthday, triggering a nearly 1-km-long jam and leaving an ambulance and several vehicles stranded for about half an hour. The incident took place on the night of February 16 near a roadside dhaba close to the district border barrier. Videos of the celebration, showing fireworks and a cake being cut on the bonnet of a car, went viral on social media, following which police registered a case and began identifying those involved. According to preliminary information, the youths, said to be residents of Ambikapur, first held a party at the dhaba and then moved onto the highway, where they parked four-wheelers across the road, blocking both lanes. They allegedly burst fireworks on the carriageway and cut a cake on a car bonnet as traffic piled up on either side. An ambulance is also seen stuck in the jam in the viral clip, though it is not yet confirmed whether a patient was inside at the time, officials said. Police at Latori outpost have registered an FIR against five to seven unidentified youths under Sections 285 and 126(2) and said further action will follow once the accused are identified. “The video has come to our notice. Based on it, a case has been registered and we are verifying the identities,” outpost in-charge Arun Gupta said. The incident comes despite the Chhattisgarh High Court’s recent directions to crack down on road birthday celebrations, stunts and any act that disrupts traffic. In a case taken up suo motu around three months ago, the court had said police action should not be “for show” and must be strong enough to deter repeat offences. The court also asked the state to ensure strict compliance with rules and provisions. During a hearing on November 21, 2025, the chief secretary, in an affidavit, told the court that instructions had been issued to enforce strictness across all districts. The court also indicated that vehicles seized in such cases may be released on bond and conditions, but repeat violations within a year should invite seizure and penalties.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Accommodation row rocks Pakistan hockey: Federation bans captain, then revokes after PHF chief resigns | Hockey News

    The Pakistan government has overturned the two-year ban imposed on national hockey team captain Ammad Shakeel Butt, calling the action taken by the country’s hockey federation “illegal and unconstitutional”.The ban…

    These animals that literally eat their own body parts: From snakes eating tails to octopuses biting arms |

    Nature can be surprising, and sometimes a little unsettling, especially when animals behave in ways that seem hard for us to understand. One such example is self-cannibalism, highlighting a behaviour…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    en_USEnglish