Intel issues statement on CEO’s meeting with US President Trump after he asked for his resignation; says: Mr. Tan had… |


Intel issues statement on CEO's meeting with US President Trump after he asked for his resignation; says: Mr. Tan had…

Intel issued a conciliatory statement Monday following CEO Lip-Bu Tan‘s White House visit, emphasizing the company’s commitment to American technology leadership after President Trump‘s recent call for the executive’s resignation over alleged China ties.“Earlier today, Mr. Tan had the honor of meeting with President Trump for a candid and constructive discussion on Intel’s commitment to strengthening US technology and manufacturing leadership,” Intel said. “We appreciate the President’s strong leadership to advance these critical priorities and look forward to working closely with him and his Administration as we restore this great American company.”The corporate statement followed Trump‘s own social media post describing the meeting as “very interesting” and calling Tan‘s career rise “an amazing story.” The president announced that Tan and cabinet members would continue discussions next week to “bring suggestions to me,” signalling a collaborative approach after days of public tension.

Intel responds to Presidential criticism with diplomatic messaging

The company’s measured response follows Trump’s social media post declaring Tan “highly CONFLICTED and must resign, immediately.” The president’s criticism centered on concerns raised by Senator Tom Cotton about the CEO’s previous business relationships with Chinese companies and his leadership history at Cadence Design Systems.Tan had previously served as CEO of Cadence until 2021, during which time the company recently admitted to unlawfully exporting semiconductor design software to a Chinese university involved in nuclear research. The Justice Department settlement required Cadence to pay nearly $118 million in criminal penalties for the violations.Intel’s statement notably avoided addressing these specific allegations while positioning the company as aligned with Trump’s America First technology agenda.

American chipmaker seeks to protect federal funding and business relationships

The diplomatic outreach reflects Intel’s vulnerable position as a major recipient of federal CHIPS Act investments totalling $8.5 billion for domestic manufacturing expansion. The company has committed to building advanced semiconductor facilities in Arizona, Ohio, and New Mexico as part of the national security initiative.Tan assumed Intel’s leadership in March after the board removed Pat Gelsinger, inheriting significant operational challenges including declining market share and intense competition from rivals like Nvidia in emerging AI chip markets. His White House meeting represents Intel’s effort to maintain crucial government partnerships while addressing political concerns about foreign business connections in the increasingly sensitive semiconductor industry.





Source link

  • Related Posts

    After India debacle, Babar Azam and Shaheen Afridi set to be dropped | Cricket News

    Pakistan are poised to leave out senior players Babar Azam and Shaheen Shah Afridi for their upcoming T20 World Cup fixture against Namibia following their underwhelming showing in the high-pressure…

    India-US trade deal: Joint secretary Darpan Jain to lead delegation to Washington to finalise legal text for interim pact; March rollout expected

    Prime Minister Narendra Modi with US President Donald Trump Commerce secretary Rajesh Agrawal on Monday announced that a delegation of Indian officials will travel to the United States next week…

    प्रातिक्रिया दे

    आपका ईमेल पता प्रकाशित नहीं किया जाएगा. आवश्यक फ़ील्ड चिह्नित हैं *

    hi_INहिन्दी