‘Not qualified for certain high-risk airports’: DGCA issues show-cause notice to IndiGo over simulator training lapses for 1,700 pilots; airline responds


'Not qualified for certain high-risk airports': DGCA issues show-cause notice to IndiGo over simulator training lapses for 1,700 pilots; airline responds

NEW DELHI: The directorate general of civil aviation (DGCA) has issued a show cause notice to IndiGo over alleged lapses in simulator training for nearly 1,700 pilots, PTI reported quoting sources on Tuesday.The notice was sent after the regulator scrutinised records and reviewed IndiGo’s responses submitted last month.Confirming that the airline is currently reviewing the show-cause notice, an IndiGo spokesperson said, “We confirm receipt of a show-cause notice issued by the DGCA pertaining to simulator training of some of our pilots. We are in process of reviewing the same and will respond to the regulator within the stipulated timeline.”“We remain committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety and compliance across our operations,” the airline added.DGCA has alleged that IndiGo conducted Category C or critical airfield training for nearly 1,700 pilots, including both captains and first officers, on simulators that were not qualified for certain high-risk airports, sources told PTI.The sources added that these simulators were unfit for operations at airports such as Calicut, Leh, and Kathmandu. Airports like Calicut, which has a tabletop runway, require additional training and operational safeguards due to their challenging terrain and approach conditions.





Source link

  • Related Posts

    After India debacle, Babar Azam and Shaheen Afridi set to be dropped | Cricket News

    Pakistan are poised to leave out senior players Babar Azam and Shaheen Shah Afridi for their upcoming T20 World Cup fixture against Namibia following their underwhelming showing in the high-pressure…

    India-US trade deal: Joint secretary Darpan Jain to lead delegation to Washington to finalise legal text for interim pact; March rollout expected

    Prime Minister Narendra Modi with US President Donald Trump Commerce secretary Rajesh Agrawal on Monday announced that a delegation of Indian officials will travel to the United States next week…

    प्रातिक्रिया दे

    आपका ईमेल पता प्रकाशित नहीं किया जाएगा. आवश्यक फ़ील्ड चिह्नित हैं *

    hi_INहिन्दी