Gujarat Police aspirants’ heights ‘shrink’, HC orders recheck | India News


Gujarat Police aspirants' heights 'shrink', HC orders recheck

AHMEDABAD: Aspirations to walk tall and proud in khaki have “shrunk” after running into a tape measure. Several police job hopefuls in Gujarat have moved the high court after failing to rise to one’s full height in the latest recruitment drive, falling below the mandatory 165cm (5.4ft) cut-off despite, reportedly, having earlier cleared the same benchmark. Confusion surfaced during the physical efficiency test, where candidates who had been measured at or above 165cm during a recruitment drive in 2024 were declared ineligible. Authorities, recently, said aspirants now fall short of the record. Among the petitioners: Tushar Bhaliya and Govind Sindhav of Gandhinagar, Pappu Parmar of Banaskantha, and Mukesh Chauhan of Ahmedabad. All had reapplied for different police posts and were previously cleared on height. This time, they got the short end of the stick. As petitions piled up before HC, Justice Nirzar Mehta added a filter: each petitioner must deposit Rs 10,000 with court registry, refundable if claim were correct. To settle the inches-versus-centimetres debate, HC ordered for a fresh measurement to be conducted under strict medical supervision. Candidates must appear Feb 19 at GMERS civil hospital in Sola, carrying proof of deposit. Concerned Hospital authorities have been directed to arrange the process and facilitate it. Transparency is non-negotiable in the process. The bench said “the entire exercise be videographed and a report be produced before this court on the returnable date” of Feb 23.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    West Bengal chief secretary sends compliance letter to EC; FIRs filed against four officers | India News

    NEW DELHI: West Bengal chief secretary Nandini Chakravorty on Tuesday apprised the Election Commission about partial compliance of the commission’s directions pending with the state govt—including filing of FIRs against…

    ‘No threat but vigilance is necessary’: RSS chief renews ‘united Hindus’ pitch, backs 3-child policy | India News

    NEW DELHI: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday reiterated that Hindu families should consider having at least three children.Addressing a social-harmony meeting at the Saraswati Shishu Mandir in…

    प्रातिक्रिया दे

    आपका ईमेल पता प्रकाशित नहीं किया जाएगा. आवश्यक फ़ील्ड चिह्नित हैं *

    hi_INहिन्दी