New Delhi: Delhi HC fixed March 9 for the hearing of a plea by ED challenging a trial court order that refused to take cognisance of its chargesheet against Congress netas Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and others in the National Herald-linked money laundering case. Justice Swarana Kanta Sh-arma on Thursday granted time to the Ga-ndhis and other respondents to file replies. ED opposed the request, saying notice had been served nearly two months ago and additional time was unwarranted. Solicitor general Tushar Mehta said the matter raised a “neat question of law” and the trial court’s findings were “coming in the way” of proceedings in other cases. The reasons cited by the trial court to reject cognisance were “patently perverse”, he said. Last year, HC issued notice to the Gandhis and others on ED’s main petition, along with its application seeking a stay on the trial court’s Dec 16 order. That order held cognisance of the agency’s prosecution complaint was “impermissible in law” because it was not founded on an FIR. Notices were also issued to Suman Dubey, Sam Pitroda, Young Indian, Dotex Merchandise and Sunil Bhandari on ED’s plea.






